My first meeting
Starting weight : 234.6 lbs
I joined weight watchers today! Yay me! I've been wanting to do it for a long time now. I'm paying the money. I'm motivated. I can do this. I will do this.
I'm lucky too, because two of my cousins go. It just seems to help. For me anyway. So I sign the papers, and hand the lady $42.00 and then go to the next lady and hand those papers to her. She welcomes me and then tells me when I'm ready to go ahead and step on to the scale. And for the very first time. A complete stranger watched and wrote down my weight. I stepped off the scale and she says and you will never see that number again. :) With a smile.
Then we went and sat down and the same lady who just wrote down my weight starts talking and I'm listening. It's so nice to hear people share about their week. Instantly I feel I'm not alone. It's wonderful to hear how many pounds they lost and I truly feel happy for them and I've never even met them. I listen to their tips and see how I could adapt them into my life. I look around and there's a few new members as well. That was one of my worries. I don't know why. I didn't want to be the ONLY new member sitting there.
Then off we go. I wanted to stay to listen to what else she had to say. Which was to teach me how to use my points, how to calculate them and so on. But I already know all that. Remember two cousins.. and a LOT of research on my own online. But my husband had to get to work so I had to get home to the kids.
I allowed myself to save points all day too. As my first reward. I gave myself McDonalds for dinner. I counted every point too! But I will not do that every day. Maybe once a week depending on how well I do. We'll see.
So that was that and I'm looking forward to next week. Right now. I have to get my butt to bed cause 7am comes way too early.
I joined weight watchers today! Yay me! I've been wanting to do it for a long time now. I'm paying the money. I'm motivated. I can do this. I will do this.
I'm lucky too, because two of my cousins go. It just seems to help. For me anyway. So I sign the papers, and hand the lady $42.00 and then go to the next lady and hand those papers to her. She welcomes me and then tells me when I'm ready to go ahead and step on to the scale. And for the very first time. A complete stranger watched and wrote down my weight. I stepped off the scale and she says and you will never see that number again. :) With a smile.
Then we went and sat down and the same lady who just wrote down my weight starts talking and I'm listening. It's so nice to hear people share about their week. Instantly I feel I'm not alone. It's wonderful to hear how many pounds they lost and I truly feel happy for them and I've never even met them. I listen to their tips and see how I could adapt them into my life. I look around and there's a few new members as well. That was one of my worries. I don't know why. I didn't want to be the ONLY new member sitting there.
Then off we go. I wanted to stay to listen to what else she had to say. Which was to teach me how to use my points, how to calculate them and so on. But I already know all that. Remember two cousins.. and a LOT of research on my own online. But my husband had to get to work so I had to get home to the kids.
I allowed myself to save points all day too. As my first reward. I gave myself McDonalds for dinner. I counted every point too! But I will not do that every day. Maybe once a week depending on how well I do. We'll see.
So that was that and I'm looking forward to next week. Right now. I have to get my butt to bed cause 7am comes way too early.



3 Comments:
I know you will do great! I am so very proud. I am there for you anytime you need me for whatever.
I Love You Adam
Jen,
I am SO proud of you. Believe me.
I know I didn't have as much weight to lose as you, but when I went from a 16 down to an 8, where I am now - well I can hardly believe it. I feel so good about myself and just a lot healthier.
I know you can lose every pound and every inch you choose to, and that you will feel SO GOOD about yourself when you do! Every week will be a victory for you!
Loving you & praying for you,
Cath
you can do it jen. i can't wait to hear all about your success!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home